For information on U.S. Soccer’s “Player Safety Campaign” and new rules/policies regarding heading, please go to - http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2015/11/09/22/57/151109-ussoccer-provides-additional-information-about-upcoming-player-safety-campaign. As part of U. S. Soccer’s initiatives, there shall be no headers for children 10 and under and heading should be limited in practices for children between the ages of 11 and 13. For more information on U. S. Soccer’s statement and specific initiatives, please go to the above link.
Parents and players, a great first day of the season! I hope everyone had a fun day at the fields. SMSC would like to remind everyone on a few things as we get this season started.
1) Parents, during games, always sit on the opposite side of the field of your team. Only the coaches and the assistants are permitted on the team side.
2) Please make sure your player arrives on time per the coach's instructions.
3) Always arrive at the field dressed and ready to play. Every player needs to bring the appropriate gear based on the weather and always wear their jersey on the outside, shin guards and cleats. All shin guards must be worn under socks.
4) Please make sure all the players gear, including their game drink, is placed at the team bench before kickoff so there is need for the player to find you during the game.
5) The only age groups where coaches are allowed on the field are U5 and U6. All other age groups, the coaches must stay on their half of the field and not leave the sideline, walk around the goal area or cross midfield during a game.
Thanks to everyone for a great day and we will see you on the field soon!
Parents, schedules are posted. Please note, these schedules are subject to change so pay attention to the posting date. Commissioners will post these schedules under the recreational tab. You can access that page through the schedules icon above or by the schedules drop down tab under the recreational menu button.
This is a record year for SMSC with registrants. So we are very excited about opening day and look forward to seeing everyone playing soccer. Have a great season!
The South Mississippi Soccer Club ("SMSC") is celebrating 37 years of existence here on the Gulf Coast. SMSC was established in 1978 as a full member of the Mississippi Soccer Association ("MSA") which was formed in 1974 with the United States Youth Soccer Association. In 1982, SMSC started the original Select Soccer Program in our area. The founding fathers of this program were volunteers. The original SMSC Select teams were named "United" to signify opportunity for talented players from any area to play. Other team names were "Coke United" and "Coke Express", after the local Coca Cola bottling company generously became a sponsor of the program. In 2012, SMSC/FC United merged with Biloxi’s Real Mississippi Select program to form the largest pool of soccer players on the Gulf Coast with a membership of over 2,000 players. Become a part of the soccer heritage in the most successful program on our Gulf Coast! We are FC United!
Since its beginning, SMSC has partnered with both the Harrison County Board of Supervisors and the City of Gulfport for soccer success. The City of Gulfport has resolved its "deepest appreciation and gratitude to SMSC and its continued support of SMSC as a community partner with the City for over 30 years and in SMSC’s future endeavors for the persistent provision of opportunities in the game of soccer in our area." The Harrison County Board of Supervisors has allowed SMSC to oversee the County Farm Soccer Complex and funded many programs and improvements throughout the years for soccer advancement. SMSC currently has over 1300 players from ages 4 to 18 and is the second largest soccer club in the state of Mississippi and is affiliated with FC United Select Soccer. With the continued support of the City of Gulfport and the Harrison County Board of Supervisors, SMSC will continue to prosper for generations to come.
County Farm Soccer Complex
15100 County Farm Road
Gulfport, MS 39503