The South Mississippi Soccer Club ("SMSC") is celebrating 37 years of existence here on the Gulf Coast. SMSC was established in 1978 as a full member of the Mississippi Soccer Association ("MSA") which was formed in 1974 with the United States Youth Soccer Association. In 1982, SMSC started the original Select Soccer Program in our area. The founding fathers of this program were volunteers. The original SMSC Select teams were named "United" to signify opportunity for talented players from any area to play. Other team names were "Coke United" and "Coke Express", after the local Coca Cola bottling company generously became a sponsor of the program. In 2012, SMSC/FC United merged with Biloxi’s Real Mississippi Select program to form the largest pool of soccer players on the Gulf Coast with a membership of over 2,000 players. Become a part of the soccer heritage in the most successful program on our Gulf Coast! We are FC United!
Since its beginning, SMSC has partnered with both the Harrison County Board of Supervisors and the City of Gulfport for soccer success. The City of Gulfport has resolved its "deepest appreciation and gratitude to SMSC and its continued support of SMSC as a community partner with the City for over 30 years and in SMSC’s future endeavors for the persistent provision of opportunities in the game of soccer in our area." The Harrison County Board of Supervisors has allowed SMSC to oversee the County Farm Soccer Complex and funded many programs and improvements throughout the years for soccer advancement. SMSC currently has over 1300 players from ages 4 to 18 and is the second largest soccer club in the state of Mississippi and is affiliated with FC United Select Soccer. With the continued support of the City of Gulfport and the Harrison County Board of Supervisors, SMSC will continue to prosper for generations to come.
County Farm Soccer Complex
South Mississippi Soccer Club
15100 County Farm Road
Gulfport, MS 39503